What's New in Version 5?
Rewritten from the ground up, NeoPaint 5 represents a giant leap forward with major enhancements
and new features everywhere. While version 5 will feel familiar to longtime NeoPaint users, it
includes many amazing new capabilities. Some of the many new tools and features added to NeoPaint 5 include:
- New enhanced user interface and faster performance. Tool palettes
can be moved, rolled up and docked.
- 32-bit Alpha Channel and PNG transparency support.
- Multi-resolution icons and cursors.
- New drawing and painting tools: Interactive Crop, Pen, Alpha Channel, Color Tint
Brush, Tooth Whitener, Poly Ellipse.
- Dozens of enhancements to existing drawing and painting tools.
- Superb high quality text with improved formatting, options and effects - including
five anti-aliasing/smoothing modes, adjustable line spacing, shadow effects and rotation
to any angle.
- Levels/Histogram adjustment.
- Curves adjustment.
- Full screen editing.
- Text, cutouts, gradients and stamps can be rotated interactively -
to any angle.
- Gradient and tile fills can be applied to any object.
- All geometric tools (lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons, etc.)
support anti-aliasing and adjustable transparency.
- Arrowhead and line style options added to Line and Bezier tools.
- 32-bit transparent stamps.
- Favorites option for often used colors.
- New color selection options: RGB, CMYK, HSV and HTML.
- Dozens of new special effects.
- Dynamic undo/redo reduces memory requirements and speeds up editing
of large images.
- JPEG 2000.
- 35 RAW image formats.
- Support for many Photoshop™ plug-ins.
- Improved screen capture (NeoGrab) with website capture feature.
- 3D object lighting effects.
- Export to PDF.
- Improved scanner and camera support.
- And dozens of other enhancements and improvements.
other palettes can be
rolled-up to increase workspace.
New snapshot effect.
New curves and levels/histogram
tools help make photos perfect.